Advanced Client Report
(Included With In-House Subscriptions)
Harness the power of your FunctionFox data with our Advanced Client Report, which allows for greater flexibility in reporting and the ability to create customized report templates.
How to create a custom Advanced Report
- Select "Advanced Reports" under the reports categories filter on the My Reports listing. This will refine the table to show only Advanced report and any template reports you have created (see below for how to create templates).
- Click on the report/template name to open the report parameters. Or click on insert_chart to run the report with your last saved report parameters.
- Select your desired report parameters (e.g. Date - Year to Date).
Customize your report by clicking on the Show Fields pick list
- Selected Fields: these are the field columns (and ordering) that will be displayed on resulting report output. In the example below Client, Project, and Task are the selected fields that will be displayed.
- Adding fields: you can add additional fields to your report by dragging the desired field from the "Available" area into desired position in the "selected" section (you can also double click the field to add it).
In the example below the personnel field is being added to the report.
Removing fields: you can remove any field by dragging it back to the "Available" section - or by double clicking the field.
Note: If you plan to print your reports we recommend limiting your section of "Available" columns to 12 fields to keep your report legible.
- Field Filters: If you need additional filtering options for one of your selected fields, click on the arrow icon (keyboard_arrow_right) next to the field you want to filter for, then click on the visible (visibility_off) to show the field.
In this example, we are applying an additional filter to the Personnel field. This is so we can narrow down our report to only show data for a specific person or personnel department group.
The visibility icon will turn teal (visibility) once enabled.
Your report form should now contain a Personnel pick list.
- Field Sort: you can sort any select field under the Show Fields area by toggling the Ascending/Descending arrow icons (arrow_upward) that appears when hovering over the field.
- Subtotals: you can add a subtotal to a selected field by clicking on the subtotal icon (functions), once enabled you will notice the icon will turn teal (functions) and a draggable arrow will appear.
Drag the arrow below the field for you would like to subtotal by.
In this example, we are looking to subtotal by Client.
Note: All fields above the subtotal line will be subtotaled.
- Field Renaming: you can rename selected fields by clicking on show fields pick list, then clicking on the edit pencil (create) that appears when you hover your mouse over the field you want to edit.
- Display Options: under Tips/Links clicking on the option "Show hidden fields" will also show an additional selection menu for display options. Click on the visibility_off icon to enable the field visibility and choose to display:
- Personnel as Last Name, First Name
- Project as Code-Name
- Project as Name (code)
- When you are satisfied with customizing your report click on the RUN button.
- Modifications: if you are wanting to make modifications to your current report parameters after you click RUN, click the CLOSE BACK button at the bottom of the report.
- Resetting: if you want to start from the default parameters for the report, click on the RESET button.
Once the report has been generated you can print the report by clicking on the print icon at the top of the page, or save the report as an Excel, PDF, HTML, or CSV file by clicking on the links at the bottom of the page.
Click on "Close Back" to return to the report parameters, or click "My Report" to return to the main report listings page.
FOX TIP: Having trouble creating the report that best highlights the data you need to see, or having issues with setting the report up? Contact our Success Team for assistance.
Creating/Saving Template Reports:
Create a report template that allows you to quickly pull account data, without having to re-select all your reporting parameters.
To create a template report:
- Click on the Save Icon (person_outline) beside the report that you want to copy and choose to either:
- (file_copy) Make a copy: this will make a copy of the report with settings used when the report was last run.
- (insert_drive_file) Make a copy of the default: will copy the report from the original default settings.
This will add a copy of the report to your report table listings. Click on the report name to populate the report settings and update selections as required.
- You can rename the copied report to a unique title by either:
- Clicking on the Save Icon beside the report and entering the new report name in the "Save as" Field
- Before you run your selected report (highlighted in the table below), click on the report header at the top of the page and update the title.
- After you have run your report, click on the report header at the top of the page and update the title.
Once you’ve renamed a report or created a new template, you will see a listing of all available templates (based on the parent report)listed as: Your New Report Title (Default Report Name). You will also see a listing of all available templates listed on the My Reports table. Once you have created a template you can choose to favorite, share, or make additional templates of the report.
Learn more about these features by reviewing our My Reports help article.
- Lock Field:
When sharing reports (see My Reports for more details) you may want to lock a certain field from being changed, you can toggle the visibility icon (visibility) to a padlock (lock). This can be done from the Show Fields pick list or from the report form.
In this example, we are wanting to lock other users who may have access to a copy of this report (through the shared report feature) from changing the personnel field
You can see that the Personnel parameter is locked to "Emma Cavendish" and "Johnny Fox".
- Filtering Text fields:
There are several ways in which to filter results for text fields:
- Enter in a list of words separated by a comma (e.g. Design,Development,Creative).
- Use the "%" wild-card to show similar words
- %value%: will include words that contain the value entered between the percents (e.g. %design% would return results Junior Design, Design-Senior).
- %value: will include results that end with the value entered after the percent (e.g. %design would return junior-design and senior-design but not design-proof or designer).
- value%: will include results that begin with the value entered before the percent (e.g design% would return design-proof and designer but not junior-design).
- Exclude words or patterns by putting a "-" before it (eg: %design%,-design would return any word containing design but would exclude the word exactly matching design)
See how to manage your custom reports in the My Report Listings.