Welcome to the new my reports feature. We have added some new powerful reporting features and tools, so you can harness your data and put it to work. Here you will find a central listing of all your available reports with the following features:
1. Report Filters
Use the search filters to find the report you are wanting to view.
- Search: Use the search filter to locate keywords in your report name. Use the Advanced Search feature by clicking on the down arrow icon (arrow_drop_down) in the search box.
- Categories: Use the categories filter to refine your displayed reports in table by their category.
- Show All/Show only Favorite: Filter your report listings to only show the reports that you have marked as favorites by clicking on the star icon (star).
2. Favorite Reports
You can mark a report that you run frequently as one of your favorites by clicking on the star icon (star_outline). Once you have marked a report as a favorite, the star icon will have a solid fill (star).
Marking a report as a favorite helps you to sort or filter your report listings, so you always have immediate access to the reports you run most.
3. How to Run a Report
To run a report:
- Locate the report you want to run under the report listings. You can use the search filter if you are having trouble finding the report you need.
- Click on the report name to access report form options.
- Select the report parameters from the available report form options. (note: if your report doesn’t require parameters, the report will be produced automatically).
- Click RUN.
Once you have generated a report it will be saved with your last selected report parameters.
To reset the report to the default parameters click on the reset button.
Once you have generated a report, you can click on the run icon (insert_chart) to automatically produce the report with last saved report parameters. If no saved report exists, clicking here will take you to the report form options.
4. Report States
There is a save report column that indicates the following states for your reports:
- (person_outline) A report that you haven’t made a copy of.
- (person) A report that you have copied and has saved parameters.
- (people_outline) A shared report that you haven’ yet made a copy of.
- (people) A shared report that you have copied.
- (people) A report that you have shared.
Note: this column is hidden by default. You can show/hide this column by going to table settings (view_column)
5. Save Report Options
You can access various report state options by clicking on the save icon.
- (file_copy) Make a copy: will make a duplicate copy of the report with the last saved parameters.
- (insert_drive_file) Make a copy of the default: will made a duplicate copy of the default report parameters.
- (autorenew) Reset: will reset the report to the default report parameters.
- (insert_drive_file) Make a private copy: will make a copy of a shared report.
- (publish) Share: will share the report parameters with other users who have access to both the Report and My Reports.
- (publish) Update dependents: will update the parameters for all shared dependents of this report.
- (delete) Delete: will delete the copied state from your reports listing.
- (delete) Delete this copy only. will delete the shared state for that report.
6. Creating/Saving Template Reports:
You can create templates or rename your reports to make it easier when you run duplicate versions of standard reports. These templates can then be shared with other team members with access to the default report.
To create a template of a report:
- In the report table listing ensure that the Save Report Column is shown (person_outline) You can show/hide this column by going to table settings (view_column).
- Click on the Save icon beside the report that you want to copy and either:
- (file_copy) Make a copy: this will make a copy of the report with all the report parameters from your last report run.
- (insert_drive_file) Make a copy of the default: will copy the report from the original default parameters.
This will add a copy of the report to your report table listings. Click on the report name to populate the report settings and update selections as required.
- You can rename the copied report to a unique title by either:
- Clicking on the Save Icon beside the report and entering the new report name in the "Save as" Field
- Before you run your selected report (highlighted in the table below), click on the report header at the top of the page and update the title.
- After you have run your report, click on the report header at the top of the page and update the title.
Once you’ve run or closed a renamed report, the saved report will appear under My Reports listing as: Your New Report Title (Default Report Name). You will also see a listing of all available templates (based on the parent report) when viewing the report selection fields.
If you are looking to expand your knowledge on the new powerful reporting system, check out Customizable Reports.